To find out more about our products and services, get in touch today and our friendly team will be able to help with any queries you have.
Air Source Heat Pumps
As the name suggests, Air Source Heat Pumps source energy from the air and using a heat pump, advances this air to a higher temperature. It runs on electricity but uses less electricity than the heat it produces.
The diagram below explains how Air Source Heat Pumps work:
There are many benefits to installing an Air Source Heat Pumps:
- Lower fuel bills, especially if you are replacing conventional electric heating.
- Potential income through the UK government’s Renewable Heat Incentive.
- No fuel deliveries needed.
- Can heat your home as well as your water.
- Minimal maintenance required.
- Air Source Heat Pumps can generate less CO2 than conventional heating systems.
- They are cheaper than ground source heat pumps and easier to install.
- Air Source Heat Pumps can provide heating and hot water.
- They require very little maintenance.
- Some Air Source Heat Pumps can be used for air conditioning in the summer.
A few things to consider before investing in an Air Source Heat Pump for your property:
- You will have to have enough space outside your home to put an Air Source Heat Pumps, preferably a sunny wall.
- Since Air Source Heat Pumps work best when producing heat at a lower temperature than traditional boilers, it's essential that your home is insulated and well draught-proofed for the heating system to be effective.
- Air Source Heat Pumps will work best when replacing electricity or coal heating systems
- Air Source Heat Pumps can perform better with under floor heating systems or warm air heating.
If an Air Source Heat Pump is something you are interested in, call us and speak to one of our team members who can talk you through the options.
xBernard Gillen – Kirkcaldy